Sunday, November 16, 2008



The one thing I like about Fall is all of the beautiful colors that God puts on his canvas. Our peak Fall color was here last week, the 2nd week of November. I can’t remember when the trees and shrubs have been as beautiful as they have been this year. Perhaps it is due to our drought situation here in the South, but everything has just been stunning. The oranges, reds and golden yellows have been so vivid, it’s just hard to describe their beauty. Here are a few pics of some of the trees right here in my own yard:


stages of color

The one thing I don’t like about Fall is all the leaves that fall down after they have put all their beauty on display. It’s as if they just peak their color and then immediately terminate themselves from the branches from where they have hung all summer long. The bare branches will provide a better view of things that have been masked all Summer by their ever gently rustling in the hot breezes that are now just a memory.

I love all the Seasons, but I have to say that this Fall has been the prettiest we have ever seen. I’m just a little scared of what Winter will be like as we have had an abundant crop of the biggest acorns I have ever seen. I raked up just a very small area in the back yard, about 8 square feet, and was able to fill a 5 gallon bucket to over flowing. I didn’t make a dent in the acorns. Even the Squirrels and Chipmunks can’t keep up with the supply that covers the ground. I’ve always heard that when we have acorns like this, we are going to have a rough Winter….we’ll see. I’ll get back to you on this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The trees are fabulous, my seester! And I do pity you that you have to do all that raking. By the way, did you take that first picture out the window of your car? if not, then there are lots of orbs in it, do you have lots of ghosts on your property? And, has that white house always been over there at the end of your driveway? I can't remember it being there.

Linda's Place said...

Don't pity me..pity Alan. Of course, he cheats and picks them up with the self propelled mower or the riding mower. They were pretty though. As for the white house. Yes, it's always been there. It's actually pale yellow siding. The first picture doesn't have ghosts or anything. It was raining that day and there were raindrops on the camera lens. ;)